In accordance with article (11) paragraph (2) of the AYC constitution, the leadership of the AYC through its Secretariat is mandated to plan, prepare and coordinate the Commission’s annual Meetings. To this effect, the first Annual General Assembly Meeting of the AYC took place in Addis Ababa, Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia from 22-25 January 2017 and the second Annual General Assembly Meeting was successfully held in Harare, Republic of Zimbabwe from 23th to 27th March 2018.
The 3rd Annual General Assembly Meeting of the AYC is expected to be held from 23 to 26 March 2019, in one of the member States of the African Union.
Given the number of countries willing to host the 3rd AYC GA in 2019, the Secretariat is hereby making an open call and pleased to invite member states of the African Union to submit expression of interest to the AYC Secretariat for consideration.
To facilitate the selection of the host country, member states willing to host the 3rd AYC GA should meet the following requirements:
- Must be a member state of the African Union.
- Have a National Consortium of the AYC in place to serve as a focal point between the AYC Secretariat and the host country.
- A Government ministry in charge of Youth or National Youth Council must endorse the expression of interest in official letterhead, sign and seal by the Honourable Minister for Ministry of Youth or Executive Director/President for National Youth Council.
- Host Country must promote the event through traditional and social media.
- Host Country must facilitate visa entry for all participants, provide free protocol services and free local transportation from and to the airport and from the hotels to the venue of the conference.
- Host Country must offer free accommodation in at least a recognized 4 stars hotel (bed and breakfast) for a minimum of sixty (60) international participants.
- Host Country must offer water, 2 coffee breaks par day and lunch for all participants during the days of pre-events and the General Assembly.
- Host Country must ensure that access to the conference is free of charge and open to interested young people and youth development actors.
- Host Country must provide high speed Internet access at the conference venue and at the hotel which is chosen to accommodate the 60 international participants.
- Host Country must offer conference facilities for pre-events and General Assembly, including meeting rooms, interpretation from French to English and English to French. Host country may provide interpretation to any other language if they wish to do so.
Submission of expression of interest should be done through the AYC Secretariat e-mail address: email@example.com.The AYC Secretariat will review and select a host country. After the selection, an agreement will be signed between the host country and the AYC Secretariat.
Announcement of host country
The selected country will be announced by 3rd September 2018.
Dates for 3rd AYC GA
The third AYC GA will take place for duration of three days, including pre-events from 23 to 26 March 2019.
Deadline for submission of the expression of interest
Submission of proposals should be received by the AYC Secretariat not later than 19 August 2018. Any proposals sent after this date will not be considered.
For further information and for all your inquiries or clarifications, please contact the AYC Secretariat on email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on phone/whatsapp at +220 9865300.